≈ Comments Off on Kieran Richardson – Eldene/Weymouth
Sex offender returns to jail after breaching order
A CONVICTED sex offender who abused a young girl has returned to jail after admitting breaching a sexual offences prevention order.
Kieran Richardson, 23, was jailed for five years at Swindon Crown Court in 2011 for a number of sexual offences including sexual assault of a three-year-old girl.
He was made subject to a sexual offences prevention order for an indefinite period, restricting him from having unauthorised contact with children.
Richardson, of Wesley Street, Weymouth, appeared before Dorchester Crown Court after admitting breaching the order on seven occasions between November 5 last year and January 19 this year.
Prosecutor Simon Jones said that he had attended another home in Weymouth where there was a baby around one year old and a three-year-old present.
He said the defendant had stayed at the address overnight and on some occasions there were other young children present at the property.
The defendant was arrested on January 21 and denied the offences in interview but went on to admit the breaches at his first court appearance.
Richardson was originally convicted for sexual assault by penetration of a child under 13, sexual assault of a child under 13 and two charges of taking an indecent photo of the child.
The offences involved Richardson abusing the three-year-old girl and filming it on his mobile phone.
Naomi Gyane, mitigating, told the court that the defendant was of the mistaken belief that because he had made the Probation Service aware of his contact with the children he thought he was allowed at the property but now acknowledged that because it had not been approved he was in breach of the order.
She added: “He was never alone with these children and he never did anything untoward.”
Ms Gyane added that since coming out of prison in 2013 Richardson had been able to hold down a stable job and had not been in any further trouble.
Judge Douglas Field told the defendant that there was an “obvious risk” of Richardson having contact with children around the ages of those involved in the breaches.
He said: “The children concerned in this home were of the ages around three and one.
“You are an obvious risk in respect of children of that age and these breaches occurred over a period of three months.
“In my judgement they were deliberate breaches and so it is a serious matter.”
Judge Field sentenced Richardson to 30 months in prison on each of the seven breaches, with the sentences to be served concurrently. The sexual offences prevention order will continue to run for an indefinite period.
Paedophile filmed abuse of three-year-old on phone
THE mother of a three-year-old girl sexually abused by a teenager says she feels she has failed her daughter.
Paedophile Kieran Richardson, of Eldene, sexually abused the toddler twice – filming it on his mobile phone – and was yesterday jailed for five years.
The victim’s mum, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, said: “I feel I cannot be natural with my own children – it’s as if people are watching me.”
In a victim impact statement, she said: “I have always blamed myself and I felt I failed in my duty to my children.”
Richardson was not caught until months afterwards when his mother was horrified to find the video of the first incident of sexual assault on his handset.
The 19-year-old appeared at Swindon Crown Court after pleading guilty to a charge of sexual assault by penetration of a child under 13, another of sexual assault of a child under 13 and two charges of taking an indecent photo of a child.
The court heard that Richardson was alone with his victim at the time of both offences, which took place about two months apart in April and June last year.
The first took place on the day of his 18th birthday and video footage showed him putting his hand down the toddler’s trousers.
Tessa Hingston, prosecuting, said: “It only came to light when his mother looked at his phone, saw the video and was appalled by what she saw.
“He had filmed himself touching the victim – he could not explain why he had done so.”
Rob Ross, acting in his defence, said his client was immature and had come to regret what he had done.
“We do not have a mature adult in the dock,” he said.
“At the time of the offence he was utterly and totally inexperienced sexually and, frankly, his only explanation has been he did it because of curiosity and no more.
“In the pre-sentence report he is described as someone who is a damaged, vulnerable and immature young man.
“It says Kieran is emotionally cut-off and has a sense of confusion and alienation.
“He needs a lot of work done with him – at the moment he is still very much damaged goods but he is not damaged goods set in stone.
“It’s apparent from speaking to him he is appalled by what he did.”
In sentencing, Judge Euan Ambrose said Richardson posed a “serious risk” of re-offending.
He said: “The memory of what happened, despite the passing of time and her young age, was still with her.
“I consider that you pose a high risk to female children before any sexual treatment programs have had a chance to take effect.”
Richardson was given a seven-and-a-half-year extended sentence, serving five years in jail and a two-and-a-half-year licence period for the sexual assault by penetration and first count of taking an indecent image of a child.
He was also given two years in custody for the sexual assault and two years for the second count of taking an indecent photo, with the sentences to run concurrently.
Judge Ambrose also gave him a sexual offences prevention order made until further order and told the teenager his name would be placed on the sex offenders’ register.
Richardson has already served 254 days being held on remand, which will count towards his sentence.