August 2010

 Teenager filmed himself torturing three schoolgirls in ‘Blair Witch’ sex attack

A teenager who filmed himself sexually assaulting and torturing three schoolgirls in scenes compared to cult film The Blair Witch Project has been jailed indefinitely.

Jay Jay Alexander, 19, imprisoned his victims inside derelict changing rooms where he raped a girl of 13 and sexually abused her 14-year-old friend.

He also kept a second 14-year-old captive, while he carried out the abuse.

Twisted Alexander used his mobile phone to record the girls’ screams and illuminate the pitch black scene during their ordeal, prompting Judge Jacqueline Beech to liken the footage to the shaky camera work of the 1999 film.

The documentary-style film following three students’ attempts to find the local legend known as the Blair Witch in woodland in Maryland, America, became infamous for its home-movie recording style in which characters faces are only lit by the camera’s flash.

Alexander struck inside the disused changing rooms at Ive Farm running track in Leyton, east London, on January 25.

The girls had been invited to the sports ground at around 7pm by Alexander and two other boys, aged 16.

He first tried to ply the 13-year-old, who was still wearing her school uniform, with cannabis and vodka.

When she refused Alexander gathered together the two 14-year-olds, who had paired off with teenage boys in other rooms.

He stopped the girls from leaving, warning: ‘No one is going anywhere until the truth is told.’

The only light in the darkened room was that coming from Alexander’s mobile phone and from the handsets of the other teenagers, Snaresbrook Crown Court was told.

He then ordered the two older girls to have a ‘proper bitch fight’, before slashing one of them with a broken vodka bottle when she failed to comply.

He then boasted to the others: ‘That was nothing compared to what I could do with her’.

Alexander repeatedly punched the girl in the arms and legs, before landing a knock-out blow to her face which rendered her unconscious.

He then dragged her to one of the neighbouring rooms and sexually assaulted her.

Alexander returned to the main room and turned on the 13-year-old, putting his hand up her skirt, molesting her and finally forcing her to perform a sex act on him.

He warned the two other girls they would not be released until she had complied with his demands.

The whole incident, which lasted more than three hours, was also witnessed by the two teenage boys.

The footage, recovered from Alexander’s phone, was played in court during the trial.

He denied all charges against him, but was convicted after trial last month.

One of the 16-year-old boys was so sickened by Alexander’s behaviour that he dialled 999.

Judge Jacqueline Beech ordered Alexander serve an indeterminate sentence of imprisonment for public protection, with a minimum term of seven years.

He must also sign the sex offenders’ register for life. ‘You were terrorising the girls who were distressed and crying,’ said the judge.

‘The recording shows the girls being kept in the darkness.

‘As the night progressed, the batteries in the phones that the girls had went flat.

‘Nevertheless, the scene recorded on your phone was shocking and reminiscent of scenes, some might think, of the recent horror film The Blair Witch Project.’

The court heard the 13-year-old girl had been left severely traumatised by the ordeal.

‘She suffers nightmares and flashbacks, she blames herself for allowing herself to be in the position she was,’ said Judge Beech.

‘Her relationship with her family has been badly effected. She could not kiss her mother for a significant time because she felt dirty. She no longer trusts any male.’

Alexander, from Leyton, was convicted of oral rape, assault by penetration, causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity and sexual assault of the 13-year-old.

He was further convicted of sexual assault and actual bodily harm in relation to one of the 14-year-olds.

He was convicted of false imprisonment in respect of all three girls.