A sexual predator who breached a court order by having more than 3,000 indecent images of girls between the ages of four and 12 has once again been jailed.
Abdul Muhid, 33, pleaded guilty to three counts of making indecent images of children, one of possessing indecent images of children, and two counts of breaching a sexual harm prevention order (SHPO) at Preston Crown Court.
Muhid was jailed for just over four years in 2011 for similar offences and for engaging in sexual activity with a child under 16. Upon his release he was made subject to SHPO but was found to have breached this on numerous occasions in 2015, 2017, and twice in 2019.
Prosecuting, Paul Cummings told the court: “In December 2019 police attended Mr Muhid’s address in Burnley.
“They recovered a Samsung phone which had been thrown out of a window by Mr Muhid in an apparent attempt to dispose of it, as well as other devices, and he was arrested.
“Upon examination, the Samsung phone was found to contain two category A images (the most severe), eight category B images and 3,106 category C images.
“Most of the images were dated from December 2019 and showed girls between the ages of four and 12.”
Mr Cummings said Muhid initially chose to provide a no comment interview but later pleaded guilty at pre-trial hearing in March.
Judge Mark Brown said: “It should not come as a great surprise that within a relatively short time of your release from prison you breached the order imposed on you on a number of occasions.
“I say ‘it comes as no surprise’ because when one looks at your record it reveals a number of breaches of an anti-social behaviour order in 2003, 2004 and 2006.
“You have yet again downloaded indecent images of children. There’s no doubt that the harm caused to these children by the dreadful abuse they have suffered would have been significant.
“I would be failing in my public duty if I was not to impose an immediate prison sentence.” Muhid, of Burns Street, Burnley, was sentenced to two years in jail.
Burnley man who had sex with girl, 15, jailed
A 23-year-old man who repeatedly had sex with a 15-year-old Burnley schoolgirl and also had a stash of vile child sexual abuse images, has been jailed for five years.
Unemployed Abdul Muhid told police he thought the girl was 18, even though he had been contacting her on Facebook, which clearly showed her date of birth and school.
After he was arrested in April last year, police seized a computer from his home and found obscene images of children, including four ‘extremely disturbing’ videos showing girls as young as seven being raped.
Facial shots of the 15-year-old from her page on the social networking site were also on the laptop, Burnley Crown Court heard.
Muhid, now 25 and whose wife is expecting a child, had earlier admitted five counts of sexual activity with a child, six charges of possessing an indecent photo of a child and four allegations of making an indecent photo of a child.
The defendant, most recently of Saxon Street, Burnley, was ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for life, was banned from working with children and was given a sex offences prevention order, to be in force until further order.
Lisa Roberts, prosecuting, said the offences took place at the end of 2009 and early 2010.
The girl’s age was well known to the defendant.
She told police she had told him she was 15 and he had told her he was 23.
Muhid was later to allege a friend of the girl had told him she was 18, but the friend made a statement saying it wasn’t true.
The defendant and the girl had consensual intercourse and were involved in a sex act. Muhid was arrested in March last year, after the girl’s mother contacted the police.
Sex took place at two houses in Burnley, one of which, Muhid’s home at the time, became a meeting place for young Asian men and the girl and her friends. Alcohol was readily available at the premises and the 15 year old had drink.
Miss Roberts said the defendant was arrested on April 15 last year and questioned several times. Officers had found several porn magazines relating to teenagers at his home and the laptop computer was examined by the high-tech crime unit.
Muhid had downloaded indecent images of children, including the movie files at level four. He also had 14 images at level one and one photo at level five – the most serious level.
The prosecutor said at first the defendant denied ever using the internet or owning a computer. He said when he first met the girl he had been ‘off his head’ on drink and cocaine, admitted they had had sex, but claimed he thought the girl was 18.
Muhid admitted talking to the teenager on Facebook and when officers pointed out to him the website clearly showed her date of birth and school, he claimed not to have seen that. The defendant went on to admit the laptop was his, but claimed it was stolen, he had never switched it on and had never seen the indecent images.
Sentencing, Judge Jonathan Gibson told Muhid there were elements of exploitation in the background to what happened.
The judge said of the four video clips: “They are images of prolonged abuse, which show the rape and other serious sexual offending against girls of about seven or eight years of age and are extremely disturbing.”