April 2014

Pervert William Alfred King died of natural causes during prison sentence

A PERVERT who was jailed for repeatedly abusing a young boy in the late 1970s and early 1980s died of natural causes, an inquest heard.

Southampton Coroner’s Court head how William Alfred King died at Southampton General Hospital after suffering a heart attack four years into a 13-year prison sentence.

King, formerly of Trinidad Crescent, Poole, was transferred from HMP Isle of Wight to Southampton General Hospital on February 13 this year after he complained of chest pain.

Doctors decided not to operate on the 69-year-old’s abdominal aneurism and he eventually died from a leaking heart valve.

Recording a verdict of death by natural causes, Coroner Keith Wiseman said: “Mr King was too high a risk for an operation. He continued to deteriorate for a few days until he died on February 13.”

King was jailed in 2009 at Bournemouth Crown Court for a string of sexual offences nearly 40 years ago.

May 2013

Pensioner caged for molesting young boy

A pensioner has been jailed for 10 years after being found guilty of repeatedly molesting a young boy.

William Alfred King, 69, had denied 12 counts of indecent assault, involving a boy under the age of 16, and two serious sexual offence charges spanning a seven-year period in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Prosecutor Roseleen Collins told jurors at Bournemouth Crown Court how King had committed an “appalling and harrowing catalogue of offences” against his young victim.

She added that King had forced his victim, now a man in his 40s who cannot be identified for legal reasons, to carry out “all manner of degrading, humiliating and painful acts”.

Miss Collins told the court how the offences had started when the boy was six or seven and had happened around four or five times a year in the defendant’s bedroom as well as his garden shed in the Parkstone area of Poole.

The complainant told doctors and psychiatrists about how he had been abused as a child and eventually confided in a girlfriend in 2009.

In February 2010 the victim saw a newspaper article reporting that King had been convicted of 15 sex offences against a child when he was a young boy in the early to mid 1970s.

Miss Collins said this had given him the “courage to come forward and report his own abuse to the police”.

Jurors heard how King had been convicted in December 2003 of sexually assaulting another young boy.

Mr Arnold, who waived his right to anonymity following King’s conviction in 2010, said yesterday: “He’s shown no care and no remorse. He’s denied everything. This man is an animal.

“He is a dangerous man to society and should never be allowed onto the streets again.

“He hasn’t just destroyed the lives of his victims but he’s also destroyed families.”

Mr Arnold urged anyone who may have suffered at the hands of King to come forward.

“Please, please come forward and speak to the police. It is never too late.”