August 2013

Paedophile who sexually abused young girls six years ago breaches ban

A paedophile who sexually abused three young girls six years ago, has admitted breaching a sexual offences prevention order which banned him from being in the company of a child under 16 unsupervised.

Barry Starr, aged 65, of Manorfield Close, Little Billing, Northampton, appeared at Northampton Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday and pleaded guilty to breaching the terms of an order imposed as part of a four-year jail sentence in February 2007.

Stella Moses, prosecuting, said Starr had been jailed in 2007 after he abused three girls under the age of 13 by making them perform oral sex on him.

Starr had claimed that he was “educating” the girls so that they would not become pregnant.

As a convicted paedophile, Starr was banned from having unsupervised contact with any child under the age of 16 without being accompanied by a person aged at least 25 years old.

Ms Moses said that Starr breached the order on March 31 this year when he spent time with a girl under the age of 10 when another adult was not present.

After being arrested, Starr admitted to police officers that he had breached the terms of his sexual offences prevention order.

In 2007, Starr pleaded guilty to six offences of sexual assault and inciting a child to engage in activity which took place between June 2005 and July 2006.

Magistrates have declined jurisdiction in the case and a sentencing hearing will take place at Northampton Crown Court in September.