September 2013: Rikki Solomon was called Richard Teeder when he was convicted for child sexual abuse offences in 2010 – We have included both court appearances below

September 2013

Pervert’s jail term increased for train incident

rikki soloman pervert

A CONVICTED pervert has had another six months added to a prison sentence after he was spotted performing a sex act on a train.

A court heard Rikki Soloman followed a young girl on to a train and sat opposite her before the incident took place.

At the time, he was under the terms of a sex ban order for downloading child abuse images and sexual activity with a child.

Solomon is in jail serving six months for breaking the order by going to Castle Park in Colchester.

He was supposed to keep away from parks and play areas where children under 16 may be but was seen sitting on a bench in the park by a police support officer.

The latest incident took place after he followed the girl on to a train at Brentwood station.

Andrew Jackson, prosecuting, said Soloman was seen at the station with his cello on May 3.

When he saw the girl, 14, on to a train and sat opposite her before performing a sex act.

Mr Jackson said: “She stood up and tried to move away. His legs were outstretched so she had to step over and he grabbed her leg and gained satisfaction from that as well.”

“She was shocked and extremely worried by what had happened to her.”

Soloman, 32, of Pownall Crescent, Colchester, had received the sex ban order in 2006 at Gloucester Crown Court for sexual activity with a child and downloading indecent images of children.

The order is in place until 2020.

Soloman admitted committing an act of a lewd, obscene and disgusting nature when he appeared in court and he also admitted breaking his sex order.

He was jailed for six months, added to  the six months he received in July for the Castle Park matter.

Judge Anthony Goldstaub QC told Soloman: “Think about your behaviour or you will become an old lag.

“If you persist in conduct of this kind you will spend increasingly longer periods of time in prison.”

Nneke Akudolu, mitigating, said Soloman, who has a BTEQ in music performance, was a locksmith and security systems engineer for eight years until his conviction in 2006.

December 2010

Pervert threatened to smash in the face of woman police constable

A pervert who spent more than four and a half years in prison after being branded a danger to young girls was jailed again today for refusing to abide by a supervision order.

Judge Jamie Tabor QC described Richard Teeder, 29, as “one of the stupidest men I have come across.”

The judge passed a 28-day jail term on Teeder after hearing he had been violently hostile towards probation officers since his release from prison.

The probation service no longer wanted to deal with Teeder because of his behaviour while living at the Ryecroft Hostel in Gloucester, the court heard.

In June 2006 Teeder, formerly of Guiting Power, near Stow on the Wold, was jailed indefinitely for his sexual behaviour in front of schoolgirls he had stalked.

He received no separate penalty at that time for an offence of possessing child abuse images.

He appealed against the indefinite sentence and the Court of Appeal gave him a determinate sentence instead but added an 18 months community order with supervision for the indecent pictures charge.

Today he was back before Gloucester crown court for breaching that community order following his release.

He had been ordered to live at the Ryecroft Hostel as a condition of the order but would not abide by the rules there or comply with supervisors, the court heard.

When he refused to complete a hostel chore and was challenged by staff he said: “What are you going to do about it?”

The hostel called a woman police constable but he said: “What does she know? She is just a stupid dumb constable.” He said he would “smash her f***ing face in.”

A day later he smashed a resident’s phone.

Tim Burrows, representing Teeder, said his client had been somewhat resentful of having the supervision order imposed by the Court of Appeal after he had served so long in jail for his main offences.

“He expresses frustration that he continues to be supervised. He actually said that maybe he should just have another custodial sentence for this so that he can do it and then get his life back.”

Mr Burrows said that in view of Teeder’s failure to abide by hostel conditions he had been returned to custody and accepted there was no other alternative for the court now.

Said the judge “He is a man who is not half as clever as he thinks he is. He has half a brain and he thinks he’s a clever fellow. But he is one of the stupidest men I have come across. He has got nowhere to go to now.

Passing the 28-day sentence, the judge told Teeder: “You are your own worst enemy. People have tried to help you and provide you with some form of accomodation in this cold weather. You can go and fend for yourself now.”

May 2010

Cotswolds sex pest has sentence was overturned by top judges

A PERVERT who was jailed indefinitely after admitting countless sex crimes involving schoolgirls has walked free after his sentence was overturned by top judges.

Guiting Power sex pest Richard Teeder admitted two counts of engaging in sexual activity in front of children, by exposing and touching himself in the presence of schoolgirls, but said he had done similar things on “countless occasions”.

In June 2006, the 29-year-old also admitted 10 counts of making indecent photographs of children, and was jailed indefinitely at Gloucester Crown Court.

But after an application by his lawyers, appeal judges in London ruled he should never have been given such a tough sentence and set him free.

Mr Justice Openshaw said Teeder did not pose a significant risk of serious harm to the public and should have received three years, but as he has already served that, he could go immediately.

“In the time that he has spent in prison, he has attended a number of courses designed to reduce the risk of re-offending and it seems that he now has considerable insight into his problems,” he said.

“This appellant may present some risk of further offending, but we are not satisfied, on the evidence in this case, that he, either now or at the time of sentence, presented a significant risk of causing serious harm.

Teeder was caught out after twice targeting Gloucestershire schoolgirls in less than a week. First, in October 2005, he drove alongside a girl in Quedgeley, caught her eye and exposed and touched himself. Then, three days later, he followed five girls in Guiting Power and did the same.

He was arrested and his home searched, resulting in the discovery of 43 indecent photos of children, which Teeder had printed from his computer.

He originally denied the offences, but handed himself in to police days after being bailed, and owned up to what he had done. In an interview with a psychologist, he later admitted being frequently aroused when he saw young girls, habitually parking his van where he could access victims and committing “countless” offences.

The original sentencing judge said he considered that Teeder was a danger to the public and had to be locked up indefinitely, until the Parole Board considered him safe.

But he was freed yesterday when Mr Justice Openshaw, sitting with Lord Justice Thomas and Mr Justice MacDuff, quashed his sentence.