February 2015

Dunfermline teen who raped two young girls aged nine and 12 has been jailed for 33 months


A boy of 16 who repeatedly raped a 12-year-old girl and tried to rape two other children was jailed for 33 months.

Jordan Watson was 14 when he began abusing the 12-year-old. He raped her repeatedly between December 2012 and July 2013.

He sexually assaulted and attempted to rape two other girls on various occasions between December 2012 and April 2013.

One of the girls was nine when the abuse began and the other was 10.

A first offender, Watson showed no emotion as he was led handcuffed to the cells.

All the offences took place in Dunfermline. Watson was told he will remain on the sex offenders’ register for the rest of his life.

Watson pled guilty at an earlier hearing and his lawyer asked judge Lord Burns to keep him in care and give him a sentence in the community.

The court had heard how the first victim used to play xBox games with Watson at his home in Dunfermline.

The girl recalled how in July 2013 she was with Watson when he told her he wanted to have sex with her before doing so.

Another young girl was also raped by him around the same time.

This victim found it “very difficult” to speak about what had gone on and instead asked to write it down.

A third girl was abused when she was aged between 10 and 11.

On Hogmanay 2012, Watson tried to rape the child after also saying to her he wanted to have sex.

She said she “did not know what he meant by this”.

Watson went to expose himself before the shocked child reacted and ran out the room.

The abuse came to light in August 2013.

Watson’s mum confronted her son about the allegations and he initially denied anything happened.

However, he later became “upset and distraught”. Asked by another relative what happened and for how long, he said, “I don’t know how long – I don’t know why.”

He also insisted it had “started as a game”.

The court was told Watson’s parents believed the teenager had been aware of “sexual boundaries”.

Lord Burns said there was no alternative to custody for such “very serious sexual crimes”.

The judge said he had carefully considered reports by social workers and psychologists. He had also taken account of Watson’s age and “need of sexual education”.

Watson arrived at court with his family. His sentence was reduced from three-and-a-half years because of his guilty plea.