September 2015

Man jailed for sexually abusing three-year-old in Doncaster

paul9

A 32-year-old man has been jailed for five years after admitting sexually assaulting a three-year-old child in Doncaster.

Pual Thomas, of Vicar Road, West Melton, but formerly of Caernarfon in Wales appeared before Sheffield Crown Court and pleaded guilty on the first day of the trial, to the sexual assault of a child.

Indecent images of children aged between 4 and 12 were also found by police in a ‘secured file’ on his laptop.

The court was also told that when Thomas was aged 14-years-old, he received a caution for having sexual activity with a 4-year-old girl.

Thomas has shown absolutely no remorse for his actions.

He was sentenced to five years behind bars and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

Police were called to the Armthorpe area of Doncaster on Friday 3 July after the girl’s mother reported that her daughter had been sexually assaulted by Thomas.

He was arrested at the scene and subsequently charged.

He was placed on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

Thomas was also handed a Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO), which will restrict his contact with children upon release.

Detective Sergeant Nicola Hallam said: “The sexual abuse of a child is a horrific crime and I am relieved Thomas has accepted responsibility for his despicable actions.

“We acted swiftly to apprehend Thomas and bring him before the courts, further demonstrating our absolute commitment to the protection of children.”

paul8