October 2015

Holiday pervert with camera on his shoe filmed up child’s skirt on Paignton Pier

A PERVERT hid a tiny camera in the tongue of his shoe so he could film up the skirt of children on Paignton Pier, a court has heard.

Holidaymaker Ian Honey, 59, had a recording device in his rucksack to save the moving images he took 

He was caught when a suspicious father saw him with his leg at an angle filming up his eight-year-old daughter’s dress near the penny shuffle machine.

He chased the deviant and wrestled him to the floor before police arrived to arrest him.

Exeter Crown Court was told retired Honey, from Oxfordshire, was under a lot of stress at the time.

He was allowed to walk free from court with a suspended sentence after the judge heard he was a man of previous good character.

The offence happened in August last year.

A father noticed a man was following his eight-year-old daughter, standing close to her and trying to place his leg between hers.

Witnesses described Honey elevating his leg and trying to lift the girl’s skirt.

The angry dad then chased him and took Honey to the floor.

CCTV examined later showed Honey walking behind the child and turning his foot at peculiar angles while leaning on arcade machines.

He balanced like this for five to eight seconds each time.

When police looked at his right trainer they found a hole in the tongue which concealed a small camera. The rest of the equipment was in the rucksack.

Honey admitted three charges of making indecent photos (relating to the filming) and one of outraging public decency.

Recorder David Bartlett said: “You went to the trouble of filming up the skirts of young girls and doing so with the assistance of some sort of recording device concealed in your right trainer.

“This was just for sexual prurience.”

He added: “You’re effectively a man of good character.”

He said he accepted the findings of a pre-sentence report that Honey was unlikely to re-offend.

The judge imposed a 12-month jail term, suspended for two years. Honey, of Greenwood Avenue in Chinnor, was told to 150 hours unpaid work.

He was given 18 months supervision and made subject of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order for seven years which bans him from owning a recording device.