November 2015

Pervert jailed for trying to persuade a three-year-old girl to perform a sex act on him

screen

A 28-YEAR-OLD man from Kingsway, Gloucester, has been jailed for trying to persuade a three-year-old girl to perform a sex act on him.

Jason Screen, of Henley Drive, admitted causing or inciting the little girl to engage in sexual activity with him between January 10, 2010 and May 10, 2011 and was sentenced to three years nine months imprisonment at Gloucester Crown Court on Friday.

Judge Jamie Tabor QC made a 22 year sexual harm prevention order against him and told him he will have to sign the sex offenders register for the rest of his life.

Simon Burns, prosecuting, said the girl revealed to her parents when she was five that Screen had taken his pants down in front of her and asked her to perform a sex act upon him.

Screen told her she could have some chocolate if she did what he asked, said Mr Burns.

Screen took the girl round the neck and pulled her close to him during the incident.

Mr Burns said the girl had drawn a picture to illustrate what happened and how close she got to Screen’s genital area.

“In essence he took her childhood away from her,” Mr Burns said.

“She became a hyper vigilant little girl, not trusting anyone.

“She also has low self esteem and a lack of confidence.

“Her parents say she can now also be a very angry little girl.

“She thinks she is ugly and stupid because that is what the defendant told her.”

Mr Burns said Screen had compounded his offence by writing on his Facebook page last week that he was going to go out and get ‘completely smashed’ at the weekend even though he was subject to a night curfew at home.

He wrote “I don’t give a f*** about my curfew. Got nothing to lose.”

There had also been an incident last week when he left his home and the electronic tag on his leg was not fitted properly.

Screen had five previous criminal convictions for dishonesty and criminal damage offences but nothing sexual, added the barrister.

Mark Smith, defending, told the court “There is not much I can say for him.

“He is a father himself with three children from his first marriage and one from a new relationship.”

Judge Jamie Tabor QC told Screen “Having sat at this court for 11 years I know that one single act such as this can deeply affect a human being for the rest of their lives.

“That’s why the courts take a serious view of the abuse of children and will continue to do so.”

Several people in the public gallery clapped as Screen was taken down to the cells.