November 2017

Sex offender avoids prison after molesting young girls

A pervert that abused two young girls has avoided a prison sentence after pleading guilty at the last opportunity before his trial began

Unemployed Ryan Lee Jones, 30 formerly of Wythenshawe but now Dukinfield appeared at Manchester Crown Court, where he pleaded guilty to multiple sexual offences against children

The court heard that Jones had sexually assaulted the young victims multiple times over a four year period

The girls were aged just four and seven when the abuse began. Jones was himself a teenager at the time

Jones targeted the girls for his own sexual gratification. 

The judge sentenced him to an 18 month community order

Jones was given a 10 year sexual harm prevention order and told that he must register a sex offender for 10 years

An indefinite restraining order was also put in place

The court was told that Jones was already known to police for molesting another young girl in 2004. On that occasion he received a caution

Woman abused as child bravely speaks out as her attacker walks free from court

A woman who watched in horror as her childhood abuser walked free from court has spoken of her ordeal.

Ryan Lee Jones molested a little girl from the age of four. But after she finally found the courage to speak of it, after years of suffering in silence, the pervert, now 30, escaped with a community order.

Jones was a child himself at the time of the abuse, and courts take this into account during sentencing.

But his victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been left feeling ‘failed’ by the justice system after a ‘very traumatic’ process.

The woman says she remembers the abuse happening from the age of four – and that she confided in her mother when she was 11, but tragically wasn’t believed.

“After that I never spoke about it until I was 18,” she said. “I kept it inside but I thought about it all the time.

“When I was in year six at school I started having really vivid nightmares.

“I have been diagnosed with PTSD. When it got really bad I was having kind of waking nightmares, I was having visions of him in the house.

“I still get them now – I had a nightmare the other night that he was on the stairs.

“It has had a massive impact on my life.”

The victim eventually reported the abuse to the police shortly before her 18th birthday, and has spent the last three-and-a-half years going through the legal system.

Not long after reporting it she was hospitalised due to the mental health problems she has experienced as a result of the abuse, and has been admitted a number of times since.

“If I leave the house I feel like everyone around me knows what happened,” she said. “It is only the medication I am on that keeps me going day-to-day.”

Jones, 30, of Ogden Square in Dukinfield pleaded guilty to two counts of indecent assault between 2000 and 2002, and was sentenced at Manchester Crown Court last month.

He was given a community order with supervision for 18 months, a sexual harm prevention order for 10 years, and will have to sign the sexual offenders register for 10 years.