July 2019

‘Immensely dangerous’ paedophile behind bars

A depraved paedophile paid for vulnerable children to be abducted, drugged and raped so he could watch the sickening videos online.

Alan Porter, 58, also arranged to rape and sexually abuse street children during future visits to the Philippines.

Porter, a lorry driver from Worthing, had even packed a suitcase full of chocolate bars and Cadbury’s Creme Eggs to lure his young victims on his next trip to Southeast Asia.

A judge described his as “immensely dangerous” and jailed him for 21 years at Hove Crown Court on Friday.

The sexual predator was caught when a relative read disturbing Facebook messages on his phone, in which he was arranging child abuse, and reported him to the police.

The court heard Porter had travelled to The Philippines – where he has a Filipino wife and step-daughter – on numerous occasion over the past 30 years.

He also had a previous conviction for inciting the distribution of indecent images of children, which dated back to 1999, the court heard.

Between 2015 and 2017, Porter contacted various sources in the Philippines to take children from the streets and engage in “sex shows” for him to watch online.

In his messages he also asked to engage in sexual acts with several children during future trips.

These included a 15-year-old girl whose virginity he was offered for £280.

When asked if he wanted to try sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl, Porter replied “yeah, why not?”

When asked whether he preferred young boys or girls, he replied “both hehe”.

Porter, who used the email address porterbigboy@btinternet.com, requested children with particular physical features to suit his desires.

Prosecutor Rachel Beckett said: “When told that some of the children were 17 or 18, he asked if there were children younger than that available.”

He also requested “rape and drug films”.

He transferred money online to his sources, on some occasions as little as £20, who then sexually abused the children and filmed it for him to watch.

The case came to the attention of the police on February 17, 2017, when an anonymous letter and a memory card were sent to Durrington Police Station in Worthing.

The letter said Porter had been going to the Philippines for the past 30 years and there had been “talk of rape and drugging street children on his next visit”, and grooming of various children “as young as seven”.

Police started to investigate and, less than a month later, a relative of Porter’s paid him a visit after his father died.

During the visit Porter logged into his Facebook on his relative’s phone.

It became clear later on he had failed to sign out of the website and his relative was able to see his discussions about abusing children.

She sought advice from police and Porter was arrested on April 5 at his home address in Onslow Drive, Ferring.

Officers found half-packed suitcases of chocolate, a heavy-duty nylon rope, plus two alarm clocks and a coat hanger that he used to disguise hidden cameras to film his abuse.

Judge Tain said: “He is immensely dangerous. It’s difficult to think of a case where someone is more dangerous. He acknowledges no responsibility for what he has done.

“Taking advantage of the absolute most vulnerable that he could possibly take advantage of, it’s a racing certainty that he would do so again.

[His actions] will have a massive impact on generations and generations while other people are paid to abuse.

“I would not be doing my duty for the children of the world if I didn’t make a lifetime sexual harm prevention order.”

Appearing by video link from Lewes Prison, Porter shrugged and rolled his eyes throughout the hearing.

He was sentenced to a total of 21 years in prison, with a seven-year extended period on licence after he is released.

He admitted a total of 17 counts which included inciting sexual exploitation of a child and paying for sexual services of a child, as well as possessing child abuse images.