August 2019

Female guilty of child rapes

On the outside, Rebecca Holloway looks like any other twenty-something mum from Grimsby.

However the 26-year-old, of Rutland Street, is guilty of raping young children, conspiring to sexually assault them and of distributing indecent images of youngsters.

It has been described as one of the most distressing cases the court has ever seen.

Holloway was caught after police came across “highly sexualised and exceptionally graphic” conversations she had online about the serious sexual abuse of children.

They then went to Holloway’s home in Rutland Street, Grimsby and found sexual images of children in her possession as well as a close-up picture of girls’ underwear. Sex toys were also found.

But the worst was yet to come.

It was discovered a girl had been sexually abused and raped and another child – a very young boy – had a sexual injury.

Holloway has admitted two rape of a child offences, including on multiple occasions, and conspiracy to sexually assault a child under 13, as well as making and distributing indecent images of children.

Paul O’Shea, prosecuting at Grimsby Crown Court said: “It’s a depressing, serious and grave case.”

He said she sank to “real depths of depravity to satisfy her own sexual urges.”

Holloway has no previous convictions and was said to be of good character, so there was no reason for authorities to suspect her of anything until the shocking truth was uncovered.

Her social media profiles have now been removed.

She should actually have been sentenced over a year ago.

But unusually, because of the seriousness and complexities of the case, the court ran out of time and it was abandoned to be restarted another day.

Recorder Bernard Gateshill, who was hearing it at the time, said: “This is a most distressing case.

“I have never before come across a case of such depravity.”

Because it was so late in the day, he did not feel it would be right to rush the case and wanted time to consider sentence.

The case was adjourned to fix a date when all involved could attend for a half-day part-heard sentencing hearing but, later, in November last year, it was taken over by Judge Paul Watson QC to be started again from scratch.

But that still hasn’t happened and the case remains unresolved.

In the meantime, she is behind bars awaiting her sentence date to be fixed.