September 2020

Sick past of child sex offender who killed two women and stuffed bodies in freezer

A double murderer who stuffed his two victims’ bodies in a freezer has a dark history of preying on vulnerable women and chidren.

Zahid Younis, 36, was once jailed for unlawful sexual activity with a child, years before he would go on to slaughter two women he had lured into his life.

He was found guilty after a trial over the grisly murders of Hungarian national Henriett Szucs, 34, and mother-of-three Mihrican ‘Jan’ Mustafa, 38.

He refused to leave his cell at London’s Southwark Crown Court as he was jailed for life and told he cannot seek parole for at least 38 years.

Ms Szucs had last been seen in August 2016 and Ms Mustafa in May 2018.

Police found the women’s bodies in a padlocked freezer with flies swarming around it at Younis’ flat in Canning Town last April.

His conviction allows his sick past of controlling and abusing women to finally be laid bare.

The trial at London’s Southwark Crown Court heard Younis, known as ‘Boxer’, has several previous convictions for assaulting partners, and for child sexual offending.

He had admitted putting the women in the freezer and pleaded guilty to two counts of preventing the lawful and decent burial of a body.

He denied two counts of murder but was found guilty of both charges by a jury at Southwark Crown Court today.

Following the conviction, the court was told how Younis was controlling, violent and overbearing towards his then-girlfriend, including waiting outside her house and escorting her everywhere

In addition he was jailed for 30 months for assaulting a 14 year-old teenager and unlawful sexual activity with a child and was put on the sex offenders’ register.

The prosecution said that in 2007, following his release from prison, Younis got into a relationship with a 17-year-old girl whose father had recently died.

The jury heard the violence began with slaps, before escalating into punches and kicks, leaving the teenager with large bruises.

The girl’s family eventually tricked Younis into allowing her to leave the home they shared, following an assault that fractured/broke her arm in three places.

He was later sentenced to four years and 11 months for two counts of wounding and one of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

When he met his two victims, they were both extremely vulnerable, the murder trial has heard.

The court was told both women had led somewhat chaotic lives – they had been homeless at times and had struggled with drugs and easy for Younis to manipulate.

The grim discovery at his Vandome Close flat was made by a uniformed police officer who had only gone to the flat in search of Younis after he had been reported as missing.

He waited until all the evidence had been served then came up with a “story” which included blaming someone else for helping him put the bodies in the freezer – even though they were in prison at the time

The trial heard the victims had been subjected to “very significant violence” and suffered injuries consistent with kicking or stamping.

They had both suffered numerous rib fractures while Ms Szucs had sustained “dreadful” head injuries and Ms Mustafa’s sternum and larynx had been fractured.

Members of Ms Mustafa’s large family have been at the trial every day and Younis showed no remorse as he denied murdering them.