November 2020

Child rapist threw cup of tea at police officer in Plymouth

A convicted sex offender has been jailed after throwing a cup of tea at a police officer.

Child rapist Charlie Luxon, aged 48, also hit out at a detention officer and knocked off his glasses, a court heard.

Luxon, who was jailed for a decade in 2006, moved in with a Plymouth woman he met on a dating website last year.

But he failed to tell police about the relationship or where he was living – both in breach of orders to control his perverted behaviour.

Luxon, from Bodmin, was jailed for 21 months for a string of offences at Plymouth Crown Court.

Judge William Mousley told him that he regarded the woman as vulnerable and said he had a history of breaches of his requirements as a sex offender.

Luxon, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to two counts of assaulting an emergency worker on September 14.

He also admitted breaching the requirements of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order and failing to comply with his notification requirements as a registered sex offender.

Luxon, also known as Thorn, was handed the order in 2006 when he was jailed for ten years. He was convicted of three counts of rape and one of sexual assault against an 11-year-old girl.

The defendant was convicted after a trial where he refused to give evidence to the jury because a judge would not allow him to hide behind screens.

Luxon’s latest offences mean that he has committed more than 100 crimes, mostly involving violence, dishonesty or driving.

Katie Churcher, for the Crown Prosecution Service, said that Luxon formed a relationship with a woman over a dating website and moved in with her in supported accommodation in Plymouth in July.

She added managers said he was allowed to be there but he failed to tell the police of his new address, as required as a registered sex offender.

Luxon also never told officers about the relationship, which he was required to do so by the court order.

Miss Churcher said that police were called to the couple’s home on September 14, to be met with violence and aggression from Luxon.

The barrister added he threw a cup of tea at one officer.

Miss Churcher said that he also threw punches at police at Charles Cross, connecting with a detention officer and knocking his glasses off. The man was not injured.

Judge Mousley imposed a three-year restraining order preventing the defendant from contacting the woman nor going near her home.