Paedophile planned to rape girl at Hampshire services jailed
A man who planned to rape an eight-year-old girl travelled across the country with sex toys.
Lance Baynes was caught with restraints, sex toys, and lubricant at a Hampshire service station.
The 48-year-old had arranged to meet another man at Sutton Scotney Services and then rape an eight-year-old girl.
However, he was arrested during a police sting on August 21 this year.
When police seized Baynes’ electronic devices they found 1,430 indecent or extreme images.
Officers also discovered he had been the admin of an online account which had been sharing images of children with other paedophiles.
Baynes formerly of Cedar Close in Walsall had also been communicating sexually with a 13-year-old girl, a Winchester Crown Court heard.
He pleaded guilty to the following ten charges:
• Arranging/facilitating the rape of a child under 13-years-old
• Three counts of making indecent images of children
• One count of possession of extreme indecent images
• Three counts of distributing indecent images of children
• Intentionally encouraging an offender to commit an indictable offence.
He was sentenced to eight years in prison and will be on license for four years after his release.