≈ Comments Off on Christopher Norton – Swindon/Devizes
Man, 52, sentenced for sexual activity in front of a child
A man has been placed on the sex offenders’ register for five years after he admitted to performing a sexual act in front of a child under the age of 13.
Christopher Norton, 52, previously of Swindon but now living in Devizes, appeared at Swindon Magistrates’ Court.
He had previously pleaded guilty to the offence, which happened in Swindon between 2013 and 2015.
The court heard how Norton walked up behind a woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, in her house and lifted up her top while child under the age of 13 was in the room.
Keith Ballinger, prosecuting, told the court: “When the breasts were exposed, he said to the child, you’ll have a pair of these when you’re older.
“The woman told him to stop because there were children present, he said it didn’t f****** matter about the kids.”
When Norton was interviewed he denied that the incident had taken place, however during an appearance in front of the same court on March 30 he pleaded guilty.
The woman provided the court with a lengthy victim impact statement in which she described the impact on the child who was said to be confused and bothered by the incident.
The prosecution asked magistrates to impose a restraining order in addition to whatever sentence they were planning to pass.
The court heard that Norton was in full-time employment as a road maintenance worker and had moved away from the area since the incident.
Norton was given a community order, 100 hours unpaid work and 30 hours rehabilitation as well as a 12-month restraining order. He was also told to pay £85 in prosecution costs as well as a £60 victim surcharge.