January 2021

Convicted Hull rapist back in jail after spending two hours with girl aged 5

A convicted Hull rapist and serial paedophile has bben returned to prison after spending two hours with a five-year-old girl in her home.

Christian Williamson, 32, travelled to Lincolnshire in the hope of starting a relationship with an 18-year-old woman he had been chatting to on a WhatsApp group called ‘Sexy Babes’.

Williamson, of Newstead Street, Hull, spent two hours at the teenager’s address in the company of her parents and her sisters, which included a five-year-old.

He neglected to tell them that he was a registered sex offender restricted under the terms of a sexual harm prevention order (SHPO) and a buddy tag.

Hull Crown Court heard Williamson had created the WhatsApp group called ‘Sexy Babes’ which included a number of women including the 18-year-old and her older sister.

On December 19 it was arranged for him to visit their home in Spalding, Lincolnshire, where he met the girl’s parents and siblings.

“The defendant was expressing his desire for a relationship and during his attendance at this address he came into contact with the five-year-old.

“He was playing with her, picking her up and she sat on his lap throughout the two hour stay. He did not make anybody aware of the conditions of his order.”

In 2012 police applied to the courts for a sexual offences prevention order, now known as a sexual harm prevention order, after Williamson continued to message young girls via social media.

Williamson had previously been convicted of raping a teenage girl in 2005, which he was imprisoned for three years.

He committed two breaches of an SHPO order in the two years after it was applied and received an 18-month sentence after he was found to have 700 messages on his phone requesting to meet young girls.

Judge Mark Bury added: “Subsequent to that, you have a conviction for grooming a 14-year-old girl.

“You and a number of other men were sending Whatsapp messages causing or inciting her to sexual activity and you received an extended sentence.”

As part of his SHPO Williamson must wear a buddy tag whenever he leaves home and police raised questions as to what he was doing in Spalding.

“He became aggressive,” said Mr Godfrey. “He informed the officers that he would remove the tag as a result and threatened to do so to prevent them tracing his movements.”

Williamson returned to court to be sentenced for breaching the order which had been placed upon him as well as threatening to damage or destroy property.

Williamson was sentenced to eight months in prison and will continue with the terms of the SHPO when he is released.