March 2021

Paedophile wormed way into child’s home then blamed mum

A paedophile who once tried to rape a boy and girl was caught worming his way into a child’s home.

Jordan Duckworth was locked up for 30 months for two attempted rapes when he was aged just 17 in January 2011.

He has been on the Sex Offenders Register and subject to a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) ever since.

The order prevented Duckworth from contacting any child under 16 without the written approval of social services.

But the pervert kept flouting the ban and after being caught with a 13-year-old boy this year he tried to blame the child’s mum.

Liverpool Crown Court heard Duckworth, 27, of Needham Road, Kensington, first breached the order on February 4, 2017.

Michael Stephenson, prosecuting, said: “His partner and her child had visited him and they had all three shared a double bed.”

Duckworth admitted the breach on February 6, 2017 when he was sentenced to eight weeks in jail, suspended for 12 months.

However, just two days later he met with another woman and headed to her home, where her then nine-year-old son lived.

Mr Stephenson said it was revealed Duckworth “dropped in” on the woman “most days” and he was jailed for 12 weeks for the breach.

Social services attended the same woman’s home in Wavertree on February 15 this year for a “risk assessment” and “welfare check”.

She was there with her now 13-year-old son, but so was Duckworth, who “lied initially about who he was”.

Police were informed and arrested Duckworth at his home, when he became “upset” and said: “I’ve breached my SOPO.”

He was so distressed officers had to abandon an interview, but he admitted the breach before magistrates on February 19.

Duckworth sobbed as the judge, Recorder Ciaran Rankin, passed sentence.

He told Duckworth: “You were in that house in the company of a young boy, a boy you had shown some interest in in the past.

“You actually lied about your identity and attempted to flee the scene, no doubt because you knew just how much trouble you had placed yourself in.”

Recorder Rankin said Duckworth pleaded guilty at the first opportunity, but initially took “limited responsibility” for his behaviour.

He said: “In fact you continue to blame and divert the blame onto the mother of the child, of this 13-year-old boy.

“You said you were invited to that address and it was only when you got there you discovered the young boy was there, expecting him to be at school.

“If that is correct Mr Duckworth, you should have immediately turned on your heels and left the address, putting some distance between yourself and the boy. You did not do that.”

The judge said he shared the view of the author of a pre-sentence report, who was “sceptical” that it was “merely coincidental” that Duckworth became friends with a woman who had a young child, given his background.

Recorder Rankin said Duckworth was previously locked up for “extremely serious” sexual assaults on two children in 2011 and this was a “wilful and deliberate” breach of the SOPO.

He said Duckworth demonstrated “a lack of insight or genuine remorse” and when he realised the boy was there, he could “simply have left”.

The judge said: “On the other hand the child didn’t appear to be at any risk or immediate risk, in part because his mother was there.”

Recorder Rankin jailed Duckworth for 20 months and imposed a new 10-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order, an updated version of the SOPO, which he said was necessary for the protection of the public “and this particular child in question”.

Duckworth must sign on the Sex Offenders Register for life.