Man, 39, pleads guilty to voyeurism and taking indecent images of children
A man from the Louth area is due to be sentenced after he pleaded guilty to taking indecent images of children, recording private sexual acts without the consent of those involved, and being in possession of thousands of indecent images of children and several other images of ‘extreme pornography’.
Mark Clapson, 39, c/o an address in Cawkwell Hill, appeared at in court last month to face the ten charges.
He pleaded guilty to all of the charges, which were as follows:
• Between April 2019 and March 2020, made 1,690 ‘Category A’ indecent photographs of children.
• Between April 2019 and March 2020, made 1,690 ‘Category B’ indecent photographs of children.
• Between April 2019 and March 2020, made 28,463 ‘Category C’ indecent photographs of children.
• In March 2020, possessed 24 extreme pornographic images which portrayed, in an explicit and realistic way, a person performing sexual activity with live animals, namely dogs, which was grossly offensive, disgusting, or otherwise of an obscene character.
• Three charges of recording another person doing a private act for the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification, knowing that the other person did not consent to your recording the act with that intention, between December 2017 and October 2020.
• Three charges of taking indecent photographs of a child, between December 2017 and October 2020.
Clapson indicated guilty pleas to the ten charges when he appeared at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court on March 4, and was granted conditional bail.
He has been listed for sentencing at Lincoln Crown Court on April 16.