Perth pervert caught with hundreds of child abuse images and videos with total running time of over four days
A 43-year-old Perth pervert had his name added to the Sex Offenders’ Register after officers seized an avalanche of child abuse porn at his home.
Hundreds of disgusting images were discovered, as well as depraved videos with a total running time of more than four days.
Officers obtained a search warrant for Anthony Duncan’s flat in Hospital Street after he was caught in a police sting operation, set up to tackle online child exploitation.
Duncan thought he was chatting to a 13-year-old schoolgirl on http://www.mylol.com, a teenage dating and social media website.
Using the username Sarababes, the accused sent her a series of sexual messages, along with a picture of a male holding a body part in a state of arousal.
But he soon discovered, to his cost, that he had been conversing with a trained online undercover operative.
Using the pseudonym “Jack,” she was part of Operation Jenson, set up by the South East Regional Organised Crime Unit to tackle online abuse in England – and further afield.
Police Scotland was alerted to the sleazy conversations, which lasted for more than a week, and received “confidential information” that the user of two accounts – Sarababes and NBrown2019 – was the accused.
Officers obtained a search warrant and went to his house on 7.45am on March 3, 2020, Perth Sheriff Court was told.
They seized a number of electronic devices, including an Acer laptop and a Samsung mobile phone.
Depute fiscal Gail Russell said: “A combined total of 775 indecent images of children were recovered from the accused’s devices.”
Of that total, 259 were category A, the most obscene, 214 were category B and 302 were category C.
She added: “The combined video run time was four days, 10 hours, 31 minutes and 45 seconds.
“The earliest creation date was August 27, 2013, and the latest was February 25, 2020.”
Duncan admitted that between December 31, 2019, and January 7, 2020, at his home, he sent sexual messages – and the indecent image – to the crime unit officer known as ‘Jack,’ for the purposes of obtaining sexual gratification or of distressing or alarming her.
A second charge of downloading child abuse porn at his home between August 27, 2013, and March 3, 2020, was also admitted.
He will be sentenced on May 5 after a background report and assessment from the Tay Project, set up to rehabilitate sex offenders, have been prepared.
Ms Russell explained that as of February 4, 2020, he was employed as a change consultant for insurance giants Aviva.
He lived alone and had no previous convictions.
When police raided his home shortly before 8am, the accused was described as “extremely nervous” and asked what would happen if they found what they were looking for.
Officers explained what would take place and Duncan was cautioned.
In one of the exchanges between NBrown2019 and ‘Jack,’ the accused said: “I honestly think you are the sweetest girl on the planet and if you want me to be 100 per cent honest, I am just sitting here in my boxers and I am just about bursting out of them cause I think you are so beautiful.
“I promise everything I’m saying is true.”
He then stated that he would “try not to think of her too much” whilst he was in the shower.
Chatting as Sarababes, the accused said to ‘Jack’: “I hope u don’t think I’m bad but I have had experiences with both boys and girls.”
Sheriff William Wood deferred sentence, along with a Crown motion to forfeit various electronic devices, until next month.
The length of time his name remains on the Sex Offenders’ Register will also be determined then after defence lawyer David Holmes gives his plea in mitigation.