April 2021

Pervert, 47, FAINTS on his doorstep as he is confronted by paedophile hunters

This is the moment a paedophile faints inside his doorway as paedo hunters confront him over a slew of sexual messages he believed he was sending to young girls.

Paul McManus, 47, was snared by undercover organisations Guardians of the North and Dark Justice, who were posing as children as young as 12 on social media. 

After months bombarding them with sickening texts, including offers to pay for a photo shoot, the paedophile hunters turned up at his address in Walkden, Salford

They started recounting these grim communications in front of McManus – but were forced to call an ambulance when he collapsed.

McManus was found not to be suffering a serious illness and was later arrested and jailed for 13 months after pleading guilty to multiple charges. 

Video captured by the vigilantes shows the paedophile, wearing a Batman t-shirt, sitting slouched in his doorway while his partner stands behind him.

Brandishing the chat logs, one vigilante addresses McManus’ partner and says: ‘He’s been talking to children online, underage. Threatening to rape them, threatening to beat them up.’

Seconds later McManus rocks backwards and faints into the porch inside the house, as his partner cries ‘No, no!’ and the vigilantes call the ambulance. 

McManus was sentenced at Manchester Crown Court last Friday after admitting  attempting to incite a child in sexual activity, two counts of attempting to sexually communicate with a child, two counts of inciting distribution of an indecent photograph, causing a child to engage in sexual activity and inciting distribution of indecent photographs of a child.

Online contact between Guardians of the North and McManus initially happened in 2018 but it took a year for the group to compile enough evidence.

In the chats, McManus told one of the decoys that he could arrange a photo-shoot in exchange for money, and frequently asked what clothes they were wearing and what what they had on underneath. 

Kay Bell, from the group who acted as a decoy, said it was one of the worst cases she has ever dealt with.

She added: ‘It started with an online decoy. I believe it was through Facebook originally and he took me from there.

‘We put the profile up on Facebook and wait for them to contact us as we can never contact anybody first.

‘It became all day every day and he was hounding me. He would ring my phone, he would send me messages saying he would turn up at my school.

‘He tried to arrange meetings many times but we knew after a certain point that he definitely wouldn’t meet so we had to go down and get him because he hid behind computer.

‘He absolutely tortured me. I’ve been in Guardians for five-and-a-half years now and there’s two cases that have affected me horrifically and this is one of them.’