May 2021

Girlfriend filmed gang urinating on rape and torture victim

A girlfriend filmed a gang urinate on their rape and torture victim as he was forced to endure barbaric sexual degradation.

The true horror of their victim’s nine-hour ordeal can now be revealed after the last thug was jailed.

For 90 minutes Awna Baszak filmed as her fiancé, Daniel Misiolek, along with Kamil Lesiak, forced their victim to perform sex acts, urinated on him and inserted objects into his body.

Lesiak was the last of the gang to be jailed today at Liverpool Crown Court after being found guilty of false imprisonment, assault causing actual bodily harm, rape and causing a man to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

The victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was initially attacked at a home in Bootle based on a motive said to be entirely unjustified.

It was days after a second woman, then 19-year-old Dagmara Szary, “appeared to have taken offence” to mobile phone photos, which she claimed to have seen.

Misiolek approached the victim on November 28, 2015 and without provocation attacked him by punching him, before hitting him with an aluminium baseball bat.

The man was ordered to get into a taxi and driven to Misiolek’s home in Simon’s Croft, Netherton.

There Misiolek and Lesiak forced the victim to strip naked, repeatedly locked him in a tiny storage cupboard and ordered him to carry out sex acts.

Misiolek first told him “this is your f***ing punishment”, then punched him in the face.

He walked him to a small cupboard by the front door, saying: “You won’t get hurt but you will stay here until Monday and I will feed you once a day.”

Over the course of the day, the gang forced the victim in and out of the cupboard, beating and torturing him at intervals.

Misiolek bound his ankles and wrists and made him hop around – at one point holding a kitchen knife to his face and threatening to cut an eye out.

The gang made him confess to being a paedophile, which the man said he wasn’t, but he just wanted his horrific ordeal to come to an end.

At Lesiak’s trial, David Polglase, prosecuting, explained how the victim was forced to endure barbaric sexual degradation and humiliation.

Ninety minutes of the nine-hour ordeal were filmed by Baszak, after Lesiak – referred to by the others as Kamil – arrived.

Mr Polglase said the gang beat the victim, spat on him, urinated on his face and tied him up with tape.

Misiolek and Lesiak each made him perform a sex act on them more than once and made him insert an item belonging to Baszak into his body.

The court heard Lesiak was also involved in another item being inserted into the victim’s body.

He explained how the victim hadn’t consented but feared he’d be killed if he refused and fear caused him to confess to things he hadn’t done.

The torture only ended when the victim heard Misiolek and the others leave the flat, while he was locked in the cupboard.

He then kicked his way out, dressed and jumped through a window of the top floor of the home to escape.

Lesiak was jailed for 18 years.

Misiolek, then 41, who pleaded guilty to most of his offences before a trial in 2016, then entered additional guilty pleas after one had begun, was jailed for life with a minimum of nine years behind bars.

He admitted kidnap, rape, false imprisonment, assault causing actual bodily harm, robbery, and six counts of causing a male to engage in sexual activity without consent.

Baszak, then 27, of Simons Croft, Netherton, was jailed for 12 years after being convicted of kidnap and two counts of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent following a trial.

Dagmara Szary, of Belton Road, Huyton was locked up for 15 months in a young offenders institution after being convicted of kidnap following a trial.