Presteigne man admits making indecent images of children

A Presteigne man has been warned that “all options are open” when he faces sentencing for multiple child sex offences later this month.

Anthony Lewis, of Castle Street in the town, pleaded guilty to three charges of making indecent images of children during a hearing at Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court on Wednesday, September 1.

Lewis, aged 21, had previously appeared at Llandrindod Wells Magistrates Court on August 4 before the case was immediately sent to Crown Court.

The offences took place between January 1, 2017, and March 21, 2020, at his home address.

Count one relates to making 317 Category A photographs of a child – the most serious category.

Count two relates to making 297 Category B images of a child while count three is making 2,173 Category C photographs of a child.

Lewis spoke only to confirm his name and address and to offer guilty pleas to all three counts.

His honour Judge Twomlow, the honorary recorder of Merthyr Tydfil, warned Lewis that he was facing serious charges and that “all options are open” when he returns for sentence.

“These are serious matters before the court and the fact that we have adjourned for further reports is no indication of the sentence you may receive,” he said.

“All options will be open to the sentencing judge.”

Lewis was told he would be required to register as a sex offender immediately after the hearing and was released on bail, to return to court to face sentencing on Wednesday, September 22.